Thursday, November 29, 2007

Narrow by review count

Josh Eddy writes:

I love your Menumap mashup, and I use it every week to find lunch around Union Square. The one thing that bothers me about all social review sites is how companies will post positive reviews of their own service, boosting their score. That's why when there's an an average rating with lots of reviews, I give it a lot more trust. Do you think it would be possible to somehow include that information on Menumap (or even filter by it)?


Well we aim to please Josh. Check it out:

Untitled.gif

Notice the new "At least X reviews" selection on the right, and the review count next to the star rating.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 comments:

Joshua Eddy said...

You're the man! Thanks a bunch.

Stinkerqueue said...

You made me laugh Will, and I want to comment on your blog - but I'm too stupid to understand it. So, so sad.

Unknown said...

This is a really useful web app! Just what I've been looking for since I live in NYC and always looking for new lunch spots. Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to extract all the restaurant information from Menupages? Of course you didn't type them in by hand.

Joey Ramone said...

I just have to say that this is the best and most useful mashup I've seen in a long time. Good job!